Dream a Dream… I hope others will dare to dream like you do!
Here’s one of my dreams. Someday to visit the Aids mission (now called Hope Shares), that my husband volunteered at in 2007. We put on an event to raise a good chunk of money to get the mission off the ground. Then in Dec. of 2011 Scott & I raised enough money for the very desperate day care across the street (Khulakahle Creche), to have a fence built so the kids could escape the heat of the tiny building they were in. What an amazing feeling it will be to have full health and huge saving account to visit and give again. We have 3 adopted African kids, and two came out of the Hope Shares community.
“My dream is to have the biggest blowout talked about Pyjamas and Pearls party ever here in Red Deer!! I have always always wanted Jann Arden to be our entertainment for the evening! Speaking or singing, she would be fabulous! I search and search for ways to contact someone who knows her!! I also want Arlene Dickinson to come speak at one of our events! And on Wednesday I met someone who knows her personally and parties with her each Stampede!! So the lesson is… persevere and it will come to you!! Your dreams can come true!! I just have to find a way to get Arlene from Toronto to Red Deer free of charge!!!”
The 16 Reasons Why It Is So Important To Follow Your Dreams
This list was posted on http://addicted2success.com. Thank –you.
1. The secret of living is giving, if you follow your dreams then you will have something worth sharing with others, hope, inspiration and a meaning to live, and that to me, is a great contribution.
2. Chasing your dreams will develop your courage. Courage is your fuel to achieve amazing success in life, follow your dreams and exercise courage. In sure enough time you will be unstoppable.
3. There is a reason why as kids we loved magic and dreams. Stop chasing your dreams and you will forget how it feels to live hopeful and young.
4. Great dreamers grow to be independent, learning that they can make a difference all by themselves.
5. Dreams can distract you from the negative events in life. You will weigh up what is more important, your dreams or the drama. Drama seems obsolete when you are passionate about following your dreams.
6. It gives you something to share and inspire your kids with, you have led by example that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
7. Through accomplishing your dreams you will come to appreciate the experience of failure and know that failure is just part of success and that it wasn’t really all that bad as it was all worth it in the end.
8. Regret is a terrible thing, and a dream is powerful enough to bring you regret if you don’t take the chance to at least follow it.
9. Because you are never too old to dream. Age means nothing when we know what we want.
10. You become an interesting person, you show others you have meaning, direction and purpose.
11. The unknown of following your dreams may spark a little fear, this is okay though because a little fear is known to make you feel more alive.
12. It is fun proving the world wrong, so why would you follow the status quo?
13. The more you chase and accomplish your dreams the more the lines of the boundaries that the world puts in front of us fade, as we learn that any and everything is possible.
14. When you accomplish your dream, you are the first to see it happen. You can share your accomplishments with the rest of the world but you where there in the front row on a single chair to experience the magic that unfolded.
15. Your dreams have no limits, you are the creator of your dreams, big or small. When this is understood, you are able to design a way to favour you plan and accomplish your end goal.
16. A dream is strong enough to define you, once accomplished you prove to others they have no say in who you can and can’t be.