Season’s Greetings! As the year comes to an end I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of Western Canada Region for their support of me, and your dedication to Soroptimist.
I feel extremely fortunate this year, as I have had a series of wonderful things happen.
Here are just a few…
– I became Governor of WCR!
– I attended The Governors Round table in Hawaii and made life long friends with other Governors from all over the world.
– We had our Region Retreat in September and did another FLASH MOB. Being questioned once again by security made it all the more special!
– I made visits to several clubs to spread the F.U.N.
– I attended SI Victoria’s 80th birthday and gave the keynote address as well as SI Central Alberta’s PJ’s and Pearls where I danced with Elvis!
– I also attended the Soroptimist Foundation of Canada AGM and once again made new friends there.
– I was able to check off two items on my bucket list! I rocked a night away with Sir Paul McCartney. And then…. I got tickets to see Oprah! (Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus!). I will be attending Oprah with my Oprah pal Darleen, my daughter Tara, and about 8 others members of my club.
– I was also given an original drawing of Oprah and I having coffee from the Central Alberta Club. This literally took my breath away and it took everything I had not to do the ugly cry. This wonderful work of art now sits on my mantle where I gaze lovingly at every day.
– Finally, our family was blessed with a new baby girl in November. This makes 3 grandchildren for us. (2 girls and a boy).
I would like to extend a special thank you to the board members, Heather (Governor Elect), Diane (Secretary), Terry (Treasurer), Colleen (Board member), and Joanne (Parliamentarian), and our region chairs, Kay (Membership), Cari Ann, (Fundraising) Lynda (Public Awareness), Sharon (VRA), Susan (WOA), Violet (Program), and Kim (Action line editor) for their support and commitment to me and to the region. You are all brilliant and I am so grateful for everything you do.
On behalf of the Western Canada Region Board and the Region Chairs I wish you and your loved ones peace, health, happiness and prosperity in the coming New Year. May we all be reminded of the most important things in our lives this Christmas.
Governor Western Canada Region